Coley Vending began in Flint, Michigan in 1939. Originally named Coley Cigarette Service, the company is the oldest original vendor in Mid-Michigan and services 15 counties in that area. Two brothers, Thad and Sam Coley, who moved to Flint from North Carolina were the original founders. From the very start, they based their vending business on three principals; honesty, service and friendship. In their first ten years of operation, they grew from one machine to largest single vendor of candy and cigarettes in this area. In 1966, the Michigan Candy and Tobacco Dealers Association awarded them with the very treasured “Michigan Vendor of the Year” award.
In 1972, the Coley Cigarette Service expanded, merging with Great Lakes Vending to form Coley Vending Inc. It was at this time that Coley Vending started to grow into the food service operations. Using the same principals of honesty, service and friendship, Coley Vending has grown to be the largest full-service vending company in our area.
In 2009, Coley Vending became a Canteen affiliate after being sought out by The Compass Group, Canteen’s parent company, to represent them in Mid-Michigan. With this new partnership, Coley Canteen has the ability to receive exclusivity to name brand products such as Blimpie, Tony Roma’s, and Mama Leone’s. These are just a few of the exciting and new products that are in our product line of over 1500 items.